When you purchase the Premium interior design option, you may choose from the following basic elements:
- Trim Size: 4×6, 4×7, 5×8, 5.25×8, 5.5×8.5, 6×9, 7×10, 8×8, 8×10, 8.5×11 (Standard Bleed).
- Main Body Font: Minion Pro (our default font), Cambria, Garamond, Calisto MT, Times New Roman, Georgia, Palatino Linotype, Bookman Old Style, Calibri, Arial, Tahoma, and Trebuchet MS. (You may also request custom fonts.)
- Main Body Font Size: 10pt – 14pt.
- Line-spacing: Fully customize baseline options.
- Design Embellishments: Drop caps or Raised caps for chapter opening text. (Main body font will be used.) In some cases, a chapter page image may be added. Small caps may be used to begin chapters or new scenes. Scene break symbols may also be requested.
- Running Heads: Alternate book title/author name; book title/chapter title; or choose no running head.
- Folios: Page numbers may be placed in running heads or running feet.
- Images: Include up to 20 images/tables (inline placement only).
- Display Type: Customize your display type (text for chapter headings) from the font list above. (You may also request a custom font for chapter headings or your title page.)
- Display Type Layout: Chapter headings may be centered (standard) or left-justified. You may also choose between small caps (standard) and all caps.
- Subheadings: Standardized layout for your document’s multi-level subheadings. (Subheading layout is pre-set, and your subheadings should be clearly defined.)
- Table of Contents: Standard single-level table of contents or no table of contents.
- Includes up to 80,000 words. An add-on fee will be applied for books exceeding 80,000 words or with a high chapter-to-page-count ratio. If your book includes more complex elements, such as wrapped images, footnotes/endnotes, or custom design options, please choose our Premium Select service.
Let Our Designers Do the Rest!
- Page and margin settings, including gutters, to best suit the needs of your manuscript.
- Front Matter, including proper setup of your title page, half-title page, copyright notice and disclaimer, acknowledgments, dedication, table of contents, preface, foreword, or other introductory pages.
- Chapter headings will be customized with the chosen font, size, and layout.
- Authors may choose to include a single-level or multi-level table of contents created from chapter headings.
- Running heads will be customized to the author’s preference.
- Page numbers will be automated and customized to the author’s preference.
- All fonts will be standardized according to in-house style guidelines.
- Text will be fully justified; paragraphs and line spacing will be customized to the author’s preference.
- All layouts include a FREE printer-ready PDF for publication or print. You may use this file to submit directly to your publisher or printer!
Free Sample Format!
We will provide you with a free custom sample format and quote (this includes a printer-ready PDF), along with an initial consultation with a designer. Our free sample layout allows you to review professional design choices or request revisions to the basic layout before making a final decision or finalizing your project details. Formatting quotes will include total job fee, turnaround, and possible start dates. If you are already working with a publisher or printer, we will work within their specific layout guidelines. (There is no obligation to purchase a service.)