When you purchase the Premium Select interior design option, you may choose from the following basic elements:
- Trim Size: Fully customize (Standard and Full Bleed options).
- Main Body Font: Minion Pro (our default font), Cambria, Garamond, Calisto MT, Times New Roman, Georgia, Palatino Linotype, Bookman Old Style, Calibri, Arial, Tahoma, and Trebuchet MS. (You may also request custom fonts and mixed font types within the main body.)
- Main Body Font Size: Any.
- Line-spacing: Fully customize baseline options.
- Design Embellishments: Drop caps or Raised caps for chapter opening text. (Main body font will be used.) In some cases, a chapter page image may be added. Small caps may be used to begin chapters or new scenes. Scene break symbols may also be requested. Fully customize.
- Running Heads: Alternate book title/author name; book title/chapter title; choose no running head; or customize.
- Folios: Page numbers may be placed in running heads or running feet, customize style.
- Images: Include up to 30+ images/tables (inline and/or wrapped placement).
- Customize Footnotes/Endnotes
- Display Type: Customize your display type (text for chapter headings) from the font list above. (You may also request a custom font for chapter headings or your title page.)
- Display Type Layout: Chapter headings may be centered (standard) or left-justified. You may also choose between small caps (standard) and all caps.
- Subheadings: Standardized layout for your document’s multi-level subheadings. (Subheading layout is pre-set, and your subheadings should be clearly defined.)
- Table of Contents: Standard single-level table of contents; multi-level table of contents; no table.
- Includes up to 80,000 words. A small add-on fee may be applied for books exceeding 80,000 words or with a high chapter-to-page-count ratio.
Let Our Designers Do the Rest!
- Page and margin settings, including gutters, to best suit the needs of your manuscript.
- Front Matter, including proper setup of your title page, half-title page, copyright notice and disclaimer, acknowledgments, dedication, table of contents, preface, foreword, or other introductory pages.
- Chapter headings will be customized with the chosen font, size, and layout.
- Authors may choose to include a single-level or multi-level table of contents created from chapter headings.
- Running heads will be customized to the author’s preference.
- Page numbers will be automated and customized to the author’s preference.
- All fonts will be standardized according to in-house style guidelines.
- Text will be fully justified; paragraphs and line spacing will be customized to the author’s preference.
- All layouts include a FREE printer-ready PDF for publication or print. You may use this file to submit directly to your publisher or printer!
Free Sample Format!
We will provide you with a free custom sample format and quote (this includes a printer-ready PDF), along with an initial consultation with a designer. Our free sample layout allows you to review professional design choices or request revisions to the basic layout before making a final decision or finalizing your project details. Formatting quotes will include total job fee, turnaround, and possible start dates. If you are already working with a publisher or printer, we will work within their specific layout guidelines. (There is no obligation to purchase a service.)