Standard Select Interior Book Design
Turnaround: 5-7 business days
Need a little more? Add expanded options to our Standard professional layout. Standard Select offers expanded trim sizes and is best for manuscripts with up to ten graphics, numbered or bulleted lists, scene breaks, or expanded layout requirements.
When you purchase the Standard Select interior design option, you may choose from the following basic elements:
- Trim Size: 5×8, 5.5×8.5, 6×9, 7×10, 8×8, 8×10, 8.5×11 (Standard Bleed).
- Main Body Font: Minion Pro (our default font), Cambria, Garamond, Calisto MT, Times New Roman, Georgia, Palatino Linotype, Bookman Old Style, Calibri, Arial, Tahoma, and Trebuchet MS.
- Main Body Font Size: 11pt, 12pt, or 13pt.
- Line-spacing: 12 – 15 pt. Baseline.
- Design Embellishments: Drop caps or Raised caps for chapter opening text. (Main body font will be used.) In some cases, a chapter page image may be added.
- Images: Include up to 10 simple images (inline placement only, tables not included).
- Includes up to 80,000 words. An add-on fee will be applied for books exceeding 80,000 words or with a high chapter-to-page-count ratio. If your book includes more complex elements, such as offset text or subheadings, please choose from one of our Premium Level services.
Let Our Designers Do the Rest!
- Page and margin settings, including gutters, to best suit the needs of your manuscript.
- Front Matter, including proper setup of your title page, half-title page, copyright notice and disclaimer, acknowledgments, dedication, table of contents, preface, foreword, or other introductory pages.
- Chapter headings will be standardized with a common font, size, and layout.
- Authors may choose to include a single-level table of contents created from chapter headings.
- Running heads will alternate author name/book title. (You may also choose no running head.)
- Page numbers will be automated and set in running feet.
- All fonts will be standardized according to in-house style guidelines.
- Text will be fully justified; paragraphs will be indented; and line spacing will be set to single.
- All layouts include a FREE printer-ready PDF for publication or print. You may use this file to submit directly to your publisher or printer!
Free Sample Format!
We will provide you with a free custom sample format and quote (this includes a printer-ready PDF), along with an initial consultation with a designer. Our free sample layout allows you to review professional design choices or request revisions to the basic layout before making a final decision or finalizing your project details. Formatting quotes will include total job fee, turnaround, and possible start dates. If you are already working with a publisher or printer, we will work within their specific layout guidelines. (There is no obligation to purchase a service.)
Request a free consultation or use our Sample Format Request Form to submit your manuscript.